Leaving on a Jet Plane
Miss me? We arrived in Yoade last night and will fly out from Doula tonight. We go to Brussels first, which I’ve never been too, and then the return path is the same as coming here (I’ll drive to GA on Thurs). See “Another Day In Paradise” for this past Tues.
Accordinng to Indiana Jones "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage" and Erma Bombeck wrote a great book called When you Look Like Your Passport Photo It's time to Go Home. So I guess it's time to go. I have quite a lot left to say about Cameroon as I preferred it to Nigeria, so check back on Monday for a final report and pics. It’s past time for breakfast so I’ll catch you next week.
Accordinng to Indiana Jones "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage" and Erma Bombeck wrote a great book called When you Look Like Your Passport Photo It's time to Go Home. So I guess it's time to go. I have quite a lot left to say about Cameroon as I preferred it to Nigeria, so check back on Monday for a final report and pics. It’s past time for breakfast so I’ll catch you next week.

1 Comments:
Angelia
Your research looks very interesting, especially your evaluation about the role of women - forgot what I was going to say exactly but here are my views. The rold of women is to work hard. Women do not get the credit but women work hard. We had a Women's Heritage Day in March at work and had a speaker associated with the North Augusta Herigate Foundation. What she said was interesting: Colonial women taught the children how to read and write. Well, in order to teach the children, you had to know how to read and write. The men did not know how to read and write. Before you can teach, you have to have the knowledge. Interesting. If I were you, I believe I would really appreciate the creature comforts we have here in the States. Just this morning when I was going to the bathroom, I thanked God for indoor plumbing, and that I was not in a storm and had to do without it. I spoke to my folks last Sunday. Will call them again this Sunday, 7/23. Dad said he only had 3 or 4 tomatoes. It is just as hot in Louisville as it is here in Augusta. However, I believe it is not as hot as it is in Africa. Take care. Hope to see you soon.
Libby Sherrill
Post a Comment
<< Home